Mac OS X v10.7 Troubleshooting Exam: 9L0-063 Exam
- 9L0-063 Questions & Answers
- Exam Code: 9L0-063
- Exam Name: Mac OS X v10.7 Troubleshooting Exam
- Q & A: 72 Q&As
1. A customer with Snow Leopard finds that her MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009) no longer asks what to do with blank DVD-Rs. Which troubleshooting steps should you try first?
A. Start from the Snow Leopard install DVD, then run System Profiler.
B. Start from an external USB or FireWire hard drive, then test for the issue.
C. Open System Preferences CDs & DVDs pane, then check for incorrect settings.
D. Try a known good blank DVD-R, if the issue persists then replace the SuperDrive.
2. A user drops a file into a folder named "my stuff" and sees this message:
"You can put items into "my stuff", but you won’t be able to see them. Do you want to continue? Other users with sufficient permissions will be able to use the items."
This means the folder’s permissions have been set to ________.
A. read only
B. write only
C. read & write
D. execute only
3. From the list below, select the new feature of the Security Pane in Snow Leopard.
A. The ability to use secure virtual memory.
B. The Firewall tab has been moved from Sharing preferences.
C. A setting to require a password to unlock each System Preferences pane.
D. The ability to add a delay to the required password after sleep or screensaver begins.
4. You go on site and find a customer’s Mac Pro is hanging at loading the desktop. His external firewire backup drive is not bootable, and he has misplaced his Snow Leopard Install DVD. The customer has a spare MacBook Pro available, how can you use it to resolve this issue?
A. Restart the Mac Pro into Target Disk Mode, connect it to the MacBook Pro and open Console.
B. Restart the Mac Pro into Target Disk Mode, connect it to the MacBook Pro and use the Disk Utility.
C. Restart the Mac Pro into Target Disk Mode, connect it to the MacBook Pro and open System Profiler.
D. Restart the MacBook Pro into Target Disk Mode, connect it to the Mac Pro then attempt to boot from it.
5. Your customer would like to create a backup his iMac’s hard drive as a compressed and encrypted disk image to an external hard drive. How can you accomplish this task when started from the Snow Leopard Install DVD?
A. Open Restore from Backup and select the backup to disk image option.
B. Open Disk Utility, select the hard drive, then click the New Image button.
C. Open Disk Utility, select the hard drive, click the Restore tab, then select restore to disk image.
D. Open Image Capture, select the hard drive, select the compressed and encrypted options then click capture.
6. Jill uses her MacBook late at night and occasionally has to restart. Despite having muted the speaker volume the MacBook always boot chimes loudly after restart. What step should you try first to resolve this issue?
A. Reset the SMC.
B. Reset the PRAM.
C. Reinstall Snow Leopard.
D. Repair disk permissions.
7. Scott’s Mac mini is hanging during startup at a blue screen. What built-in startup mode might resolve
B. Safe Boot
C. Single User
D. Target Disk Mode
8. Which statement about FileVault is TRUE?
A. Once a user enables FileVault, it cannot be disabled.
B. FileVault can only be enabled on non-administrator user accounts.
C. There is no way to recover a user’s data from a FileVault-protected account if the login password is lost.
D. When a user enables FileVault, the user’s home directory is transformed into an encrypted disk image bundle.